University of Texas Navigation

ACADEMIC POSITIONS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION RESEARCH INTERESTS AWARDS I am an assistant professor in both the Graduate Program in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering (ORIE) and the Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering (PGE) at The University of Texas at Austin (UT). The ORIE program is an "area" within the Department of Mechanical Engineering. In addition to these appointments, I am a fellow in the Center for International Energy and Environmental Policy (CIEEP) and the Center for Petroleum Asset Risk Management (CPARM).

My research and teaching interests are broadly focused in the area of decision making under uncertainty. My primary application area is in the energy arena. If you want to learn more about my work and research interests, visit my research page.

I hold MS an PhD degrees in Engineering-Economic Systems from Stanford University and a BS in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Economics from New Mexico State University. Before joining the UT faculty, I was an assistant professor at Texas A&M University. Before that, I was a senior engagement manager and co-director of client education for Strategic Decisions Group.

I teach courses in the areas of decision analysis, applied probability, and engineering finance. For more on my teaching interests and course home pages, go on to my teaching page.

ebickel@utexas.edu